How to chalk paint mason jars
I love everything farmhouse! The colors, the finishes, the textures. There’s a ton of farmhouse style decor throughout our house and I keep adding to it. In addition to loving the vintage and rustic look and feel of farmhouse style, many farmhouse items are also super easy to DIY at home rather than buying in a store. Here’s how to chalk paint Mason jars to display around your house. They look great with a strand of lights in them or as vases or even just as is!
What You’ll Need
How To Chalk Paint Mason Jars
Chalk painting Mason jars is really so simple!
1. Shake your chalk paint well and open the can
2. Place your hand into the mouth of the Mason jar to hold it
3. Use your foam craft brush to apply a heavy coat of chalk paint to outside of the jar
4. Allow to dry completely – about 2 hours
5. Apply a second coat of paint
6. Allow to dry completely – about 2 hours. I waited until the next day.
7. Gentle use your sanding block to remove a little of the paint on the outside of your jar. You’ll want to focus on the areas with raised lettering where your jar says: Ball, Mason Jars Made in USA, etc. The best part if you can decide how distressed to make your jars!
That’s it! It’s easy and they will look just like the ones you see in stores for $10-15.
What to do with your chalked Mason Jars
You can add lights or water and flowers to the jars and use as center pieces on a set table, or place them on a mantle for an intimate, rustic feel.
They make great gifts too! With Christmas coming up, I’ve made some for myself to decorate our house and then made some extras to give away.