Citrus Margarita Recipe
All the credit for this perfect summer time cocktail goes to Mike! Our schedule has been busy recently and we had a bunch of oranges we didn’t eat yet and didn’t want to go bad. So, Mike wanted to try out some citrus margaritas. We made these Friday night to unwind after a long week of work. This citrus margarita recipe is only a few ingredients, but huge on flavor! We will definitely be making these throughout the summer.
The real star of this citrus margarita recipe is the fresh squeezed juices. Nothing can compare with the taste of freshly squeezed juice. It can’t be bought at a store.
Ingredients for Citrus Margarita Recipe
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice (buy a bunch of oranges!)
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice (if you want a more tart margarita, use more, up to 2 ounces)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Triple Sec
Directions for Citrus Margaritas
- First, fill a shaker with ice.
- You’ll need to squeeze fresh juice from your oranges. Cut your oranges in half and then use a juice reamer to squeeze the juice from the oranges. You can squeeze more than 2 ounces because you’re going to want seconds (and thirds) on this drink. Add 2 ounces of orange juice to the shaker.
- Next, juice your limes. If you want a margarita that’s a little more tart, you can use more lime juice, up to 2 ounces. Add your 1 ounce (or more) of lime juice to the shaker.
- Add 2 ounces of tequila and 1 ounce of Triple Sec to the shaker.
- Shake the citrus margarita and pour over ice.
The final step of this citrus margarita recipe is my favorite: go outside and sit and relax with your citrus margarita. If it’s been a really long day or week at work, repeat all of these steps, as many times as necessary!
If you try out this recipe, let me know how you like it!